Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hottest Guys

9:00AM

I’m reading The Mirror; one of the English daily’s with my tea this morning and see that they’ve done a survey on the top ten hottest, sexiest players in the history of Wimbledon. Here are their picks; 1. Andre Agassi, 2. Rafael Nadal, 3. Roger Federer, 4. Pat Cash,

5. Bjon Borg, 6. Greg Rusedski, 7. Pete Sampras, 8. Tim Henman, 9. Andy Murray, and 10. Goran Ivanisovic.

Now hold on .. I have to comment on this. GREG RUSEDSKI? Are they kidding? Who wrote this? In a quieter voice .. Pete Sampras? I love Pete, but Sexy? Hot? I don’t think so .. Of course success is sexy to some, but hot .. I don’t think so, also have to put Roger in this category, definitely not hot… and I hate to get the ire of the Brit’s up, but personally .. Can’t see Andy Murray on this list either, Henman .. Classy and good looking, but again, not hot.


Now that I’ve been so critical of their list .. I’ll have a go with mine, and I hope you will send me comments with your suggestions. Of course sex appeal and hot factor is purely subjective, but I’ve been seeing these guys through a telephoto lens for a long time, so here goes; 1. Pat Rafter, 2.Stephan Edberg, 3.Pat Cash, (yep we do agree on this one),

4. Rafael Nadal, 5. Marat Safin, 6. James Blake, 7. Carlos Moya, 8.Alex Corretja,

9. Boris Becker, 10. Goran Ivanisovic.

Whaddya think? Agree? Disagree? Anyone you’d like to add ? Delete? Let me hear from all the girls out there.


12:30 PM

Okay, now we’ve had our fun, it’s time for business. First up on my shooting schedule is Serena and Hantuchova. I have not done even one frame of either one of them so I need to grab at least a few pic’s before one of them is out.

Next on the agenda is Djokovic and Sela .. Same situation, I have not done even one photo of either one of them. Interestingly, although Djokovic is the fourth seed here, no one is paying much attention to him, and he is playing on the smallest show court. There is only one other photographer on the bench, and he is shooting Dudi Sela. Hmmm be interesting to see if Novak sneaks in through the back door.

I rarely shoot the juniors, but Laura Robson is the rising British girl, so I feel like I need to shoot a few of her. She’s the second seed here, and is the defending JuniorChampion.


3:15, PM

I was planning to hit Federer/Soderling, but they’ve just finished. I’ll spend a little time editing, then go to Mauresmo/ Safina.

4:30 PM

Play has been stopped and the court covered due to rain. There are really only a few drops, but I think they are dying to try their new roof. Large drops are falling, but it seems like one of those passing things. Everyone is buzzing about weather or not they will close the roof.


4;45PM

There it goes! The roof is starting to close. There are a few starts and stops, but it closes smoothly, the air conditioning is turned on and Safina and Mauresmo will be the first players to play “indoors” at Wimbledon.

It’s actually quite nice with the roof closed. Soft light filters through the white translucent cover, there is no glaring sun and no dark shadows. The air conditioning is very nice on a sweltering day. Now that it is closed, it will remain so until the end of play today even if it stops raining. I think it’s because it takes quite a lot of time to open it again.

Safina wins in three sets, and when Mauresmo starts walking off the court, she stops, and just stands looking around her for a few minutes. It’s an odd moment, and I ask the French photographer sitting next to me if she is planning to retire, it’s almost like she is having a last look around. The photographer replied that she is not sure, but yes, this may be Mauresmo’s last Wimbledon.

10:45 PM

Well, there are two ways to look at everything. The good thing about the roof, obviously, is they can play in the rain, and finish matches that would have been stopped due to darkness. The bad part about the roof, is we get no rain breaks and now they can play late into the evening. 10:45 and Murray has just finished his five set match against Wawrinka.

11:20 PM

The press room is still full of people filing stories and photos, I’m closing this blog so I can get my photos finished.

11:33 PM

Andy Murray is just going in to do press. This means the reporters will be here for at least another hour if not more, and personally I still have at least a couple of hours of work. I say it again .. tennis is ruining my social life, to say nothing of my diet, I can’t remember the last time I ate today, but I’m sure it was a long time ago.

No comments: