Friday, June 26, 2009

The Federer Express



The Federer Express

12:40 PM

The Swiss wonder is first up on Center Court against Germany’s Philipp Kohlschreiber. The German can play, but I doubt if he will present much of a roadblock in Roger’s road to the final or to his quest to make history.

I think I’ll go shoot the Bryan’s instead. I always need photos of them and they are hard to shoot, so I need to spend some time to get any really good images. Since Bob is a lefty and Mike righty, they play with both forehands in the middle, meaning that they are hardly ever close enough to get them together in the frame of my viewfinder, and of course if you are shooting doubles, you need both players.

I’ve known these guys forever, and they are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. Their Parents, Wayne and Kathy get high fives for raising two totally unspoiled tennis stars.

Kathy was a player on the women’s tour and actually graced the grass at Wimbledon four times, reaching the quarter final of the mixed in 1965.

Wow, two good looking, talented, famous, nice guys who are musicians as well... How many women do you think they have vying for their attention? They have a band with Mike on drums and Bob on keyboards. I caught them at the Viper Room in Los Angeles recently, playing with their buddy David Baron.

8:20 PM

MY WORD! Where has the day gone? Wasn’t it just 2:40 a few minutes ago? Well to sum it up, The Federer Express is rolling on, Mardy Fish lost to Djokovic but put up a pretty good battle, Azarenka shrieked her way to a two set win over Sorana Cristea. The Bryans won in three, chest bumped and are on their way to the next round. Tsonga, lost to big serving Ivo Karlovic who at 5’ 10” is the tallest player on tour, and who I’ve seen with a very pretty Asian girlfriend who is no more that 5’1”.

9:30 PM

I don’t believe that Tommy Haas and Marin Cilic are still playing! It’s really dark. Ok.. it’s 6 all in the fifth and they’ve just stopped play. I’ll be interested to see the end tomorrow.


9:45 PM

OH NO!! Now here is a sad tale on Cynthia. I borrowed a camera from Nikon today because I wanted to test it, and whoever used it before me had it set to shoot black and white! It’s my own fault for not checking my photos, but who knew? Why in the world would anyone be shooting B&W? Ok .. You’re going to get B&W photos today .. very arty. You know what they say, when life hands you a lemon, make lemonade.


10:15 PM

Well I’m already looking forward to, and planning my middle Sunday. This is one of the best things about Wimbledon. The middle Sunday off. We all love it! It’s amazing to me how the English can finish a tournament in thirteen days with no night sessions, even with all the rain Wimbledon is famous for, and other tournament seem to drag on forever. The French now have a fifteen day event, that includes THREE Sundays. Horrible. Of course we all know why... it’s all about money. Both the US Open and the Australian, have night sessions that can go until the wee hours of the morning. No wonder why everyone prefers to come to the Big W.

I could take an hour and a half train trip and go to any number of interesting and historic places. I’ve wanted to visit Stonehenge for years. These ancient Stones have been surrounded with mystery and legend for centuries. They have been connected to ancient Druids, Merlin the wizard, and the medieval court of King Arthur. Although I’ve seen photos of them experiencing them in person is supposed to be amazing. So this is one option, others include the Georgian city of Bath, the white cliffs of Dover, and Leeds Castle. Decisions, decisions, I need more than one day off!

No comments: