Wednesday, April 1, 2009

March 31, 2009

12:40 PM
IT’S MY BIRTHDAY!! I’ve spent the morning answering e-mail. Posting my official birthday photo on facebook, eating crepes, and enjoying birthday wishes from all my friends. My birthday always falls during the tournament in Miami and I used to say, “bummer, I’m in Miami for my birthday”, then all of a sudden, I thought …” what am I mad? I’m in Miami for my birthday!” Its all how you look at it right? Now I announce to everyone that it’s my birthday, and enjoy the day.

There is a large Brito sculpture on site... he is a Brazilian artist that I love... and I got one of my photographer buddies to take an official birthday photo with it. It’s a large colorful heart that if I had the bucks I would definitely buy it for my house. I love it!!
12:50 PM
I really should do some photos, but Wozniacki and Kuznetsova are playing on stadium, on my birthday... are you kidding? I really don’t feel like spending even a minute of my birthday shooting those girls. Guess I’ll head out to do some Tsonga and Simon. Roddick and Dent both play later, so I’ll do some snaps of them for sure.

1:15 PM
Okay... I’ve spend the last half hour playing with my facebook. I really have to get to work.

2:50: PM
Went to my favorite place to eat onsite, The Latin Café. Great Cuban food, drink, and atmosphere. Salsa music keeps the beat, lively chatter in rapid Spanish... I’m promising myself to work harder on learning this language. I’ve turned everyone in the media room on to this place and it’s become the in place to eat. I go for a salad and “Papa Rellnos”. These are mashed potatoes filled with spiced ground meat and deep fried... I know, I know, but it’s my birthday and I’m not going to worry about calories, carbs, or anything that’s bad for you. Probably would be good to start my new year with good fresh healthy food, but what fun is that?

2:15 PM
I am really not happy with Kuznetsova right now... after being up 5-3, and serving for the match twice, she let W. come back and now they’re in a tiebreaker. PLEASE don’t let this go three sets... Roddick and Monfils are up next then Dent and Federer, and then I want to get out of here. I’m looking forward to the
R &M match... both players are fun to shoot and there should be a lot of good photos. As you can tell if you’ve been following my blog, matches are not judged by quality, but by quantity of good image possibilities. Well, we all have our priorities.

3:30 PM
K and W have now split, and now I’m hoping that K looses. Anyone who wins the first, serves for the match TWICE, and looses the second set does not; in my opinion deserve to win.

4:10PM
All right!! Roddick if finally on. I’ve been waiting for this match all day.

6: PM
Monfils gave it his all, and looked like he might win the first set, but Roddick will be the one moving on to the quarters.

7:30 PM
Federer won the first and is up 4-2 in the second, so it looks like this will be the end of Taylor Dent in Miami. He’s had a good run, qualifying then making it to the fourth round, defeating 18th ranked Nicolas Almagro in the second round, and 19th seed Tommy Robredo in the third. It’s great to see him back and climbing up the ranking ladder again.

7:45 PM
That’s it for today. I’m going out tonight.

No comments: