Sunday, March 29, 2009

March 28, 2008

Took the red eye last night arriving at my hotel, The Mayfair in Coconut Grove, at 7AM. Now, I know that normal check in is around 3, but thought I’d take a chance and see if I could get a room. I was told that check in was at 4PM, they did have rooms available, but the fee for early check in would be $50.00!! Wow, in view of the state of the hotel business, you would think they would be happy to have paying guests, especially one that is staying 10 days. I was able to negotiate a deal with them, but personally, I think this is outrageous.

1:40 PM

The clock on the wall reads 1:40, and my computer reads 10:40, the three hour time difference is a killer.

I finally made it here and am starting (slowly) to get some work done. Organizing my desk and locker, was a little challenging, most of the lockers were either broken or already in use, and another photographer was using my desk, but I finally have it sorted out and am about to go take some photos.

Took the red eye last night arriving at my hotel, The Mayfair in Coconut Grove, at 7AM. Now, I know that normal check in is around 3, but thought I’d take a chance and see if I could get a room. I was told that check in was at 4PM, they did have rooms available, but the fee for early check in would be $50.00!! Wow, in view of the state of the hotel business, you would think they would be happy to have paying guests, especially one that is staying 10 days. I was able to negotiate a deal with them, but personally, I think this is outrageous.

4:30 PM

Mardy Fish has joined the waxed leg league. Does this really make tennis players more aerodynamic or do they just like smooth legs? He’s playing Nicolas Massu of Chile and the Chilean and US fans are fighting a war of flags and cheering. Fish puffs out his cheeks every time he hits the ball making it nearly impossible to get anything really good... or at least attractive.

5:45 PM

Well, I won’t have to worry about getting good shots of Mardy anymore for this event. He lost in 3 sets to the gritty Chilean, kinda re-enforces my theory that marriage is bad for your tennis.

10:15 PM

How in the world did it get to be 10:15 PM? I am the person who was going to be in bed by ten. In the fashion watch department, I like both Venus and Peer. Venus tie dye is a cool departure from all the standard colors. The purple and pink looks great on the purple court and the ruffles at the hips give her otherwise boyish figure a nice line. Shahar looks great in the red two piece from Reebok, a much more standard look, but I like the detailing on the back, and the subtle ruffling on the hemline.

On the celebrity watch… Minnesota Vikings left tackle Bryant McKinnie watching Venus.

No comments: